So Called Tech News: Apple Podcast Metrics, Uber Scandal, Cute DIY Electronic Kits / ep38
I can't believe this is our last tech news episode of Season 1! I feel that only yesterday I was asking Alvaro to co-host this episode with me and we've come such a long way.
We'd love to hear your thoughts on the themes we cover in this episode! Email me at email@example.com or contact Alvaro via Twitter @shulfie. I'm also on Instagram at @digimorphs.
Here are the stories this month!
- Apple releases some interesting audio technology at their WWDC developer conference, including that you will be able to send money between individuals in iMessage and also they are planning on finally adding metrics to their podcast app. Story source: https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/5/15743886/homepod-audio-quality-demo-echo-sonos-bass
- Crazy Uber scandal! We discuss our take on the situation, including how company structure and culture is something that needs to be rethought for large technology companies. Story source: https://www.recode.net/2017/6/21/15844852/uber-toxic-bro-company-culture-susan-fowler-blog-post
- Amazon bought Whole Foods + Walmart bought Bonobos: strategic acquisitions for all the right reasons. Story sources: http://time.com/4828082/why-amazon-bought-whole-foods/ + https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/16/walmart-to-buy-bonobos-for-310m-in-its-bigger-push-into-fashion-retail/
- Old story but we needed to cover why Instagram killed Instagress. Story source: https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/20/15374080/instagram-bot-site-instagress-dead
- Our Startup Corner: Thimble!! Super cute monthly subscription service that delivers DIY electronics to your door! Check them out -> https://thimble.io/